The Big Purpose

                     The reason for Bumplestiltskin


                                



Every few years, I start a new blog, and write it in the hope that someday, someone might read it. Like everything I do that isn't mummying or working or cleaning the house, I start with a sparkle of excitement for the novelty of the thing, write for a few months, and then inevitably give up, starting a new one a few months down the road. I'm hoping (as I do with all of my blogging) that with this one,  I will actually keep it up. I think the main problem is that I don't really write for a purpose. The blogs seem to take on a musing, reflective, ethereal quality, but there is no anchor or grounding to them. Which makes sense that they don't get continued. The other thing that I've found is that I never have the guts to actually broadcast my writing online. I am not the kind of person who wants everyone to know everything. I am not an avid poster, or even a poster at all. I have put three pictures of my 2 year old on social media since she was born, on instagram, and since then have gone off instagram. Is there a way to write a blog that people can read without having to post on social media? 

Getting back to the reason for this blog. Since I've become a mummy, there are so many things I want to write about and explore as my little one grows up, and I thought I would just start writing, and see if anyone wants to read it. I want to write it, so somebody somewhere in the world might be interested. Who knows? Anywhere, here goes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine when you have a toddler

Two-nagers!

Re-identifying your identity