Just before the big move...

 Well.

It's been a weekend. 

6 am wake ups every day (which are, obviously, reserved for weekends. She only sleeps in on the days when we actually have to be somewhere) and 3-5 wakings during the night. She wants milk. But she wants chocolate milk. She wants a wee wee. She wants some more milk. She is cold. She's too hot. She wants to be in my bed. And in my tummy, and in my head, and on my head.

The wake ups are immediately followed by some sort of howling because I won't let her watch TV immediately upon waking up. This eventually fizzles and subsides to sniffling crying noises, and resigned, disgruntled hurrumphs. After a little while, I try and get out of bed, as now I'm up and she's up and everyone is up, and there is enormous resistance from her end that I attempted to get out of bed. All she wants is for me to lie in bed next to her. All she wants, in actual fact, is to be able to control everything in her life. 

4:30 am, 4 days til moving day - I've been woken up via every method a toddler could wish for; she needed more milk (than she normally does) she needed a wee wee, she had a bad dream, her hand started hurting and I had to squeeze it (this one regularly occurs and regularly brings howls of pain right in the midst of a lovely deep REM cycle) she wanted me to stroke her back, she's cold, she's too hot, then eventually, she wanted to be in my bed. Which is literally attached to her bed. Whenever she can, (read: whenever she senses I'm at my lowest resilience level) she makes the long 3 centimetre trek from her bed to mine. There she stayed tonight, and, after numerous jabs, kicks, and punches from various parts of her body to various parts of mine, and having lost my phone and my earphones amongst the chaos she left in her wake, I decided, at 4:10 am, that I was not going to get any more sleep tonight. 

I am sure that my little one is feeling anxious about our move, and I am sure she is picking up on my anxiety about our move also. I haven't been sleeping and I've been drinking a lot more than I had planned on doing. Little pickles sense this. All of her toys are now in boxes, and all of her clothes and stuffed animals too. To add to this, although she doesn't know it yet, she has her shots tonight. What great timing! 

Anyway, I heaved myself out of bed (I become trapped between her and my husband when she climbs into our bed) and came out here to make her lunch because I'm sure as hell not getting any more sleep tonight!

Thanks for reading x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine when you have a toddler

Two-nagers!

Re-identifying your identity